Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You and Gender.
(10-30-2013, 02:02 AM)Seaglass Wrote: My SO and I are meant to be together, I choose to believe that not because of how I feel so much as because of inability to not love them, if that makes sense. I don't want to leave, I grow and learn all of the time, I am happy, to me that feeds my soul, not just my mind. But then again, I believe in a soul, so maybe it should be something like soul partner?
I've had this discussion recently, and the final agreement is that there is a difference between "meant to be together" and "belong together." I was asked if I thought we were Meant To Be, and my response was an honest 'no,' but that we make that happen together by both wanting it enough to put a significant amount of energy into perpetuating it and not letting it fall. I do, however, believe that we fit very well into each other's lives, and understand one another on a level that is unmatched by anyone outside our relationship; in this way, we Belong.
"Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat." -Luna Lovegood
(10-30-2013, 04:29 PM)Moon Moon Wrote:
(10-30-2013, 02:02 AM)Seaglass Wrote: My SO and I are meant to be together, I choose to believe that not because of how I feel so much as because of inability to not love them, if that makes sense. I don't want to leave, I grow and learn all of the time, I am happy, to me that feeds my soul, not just my mind. But then again, I believe in a soul, so maybe it should be something like soul partner?
I've had this discussion recently, and the final agreement is that there is a difference between "meant to be together" and "belong together." I was asked if I thought we were Meant To Be, and my response was an honest 'no,' but that we make that happen together by both wanting it enough to put a significant amount of energy into perpetuating it and not letting it fall. I do, however, believe that we fit very well into each other's lives, and understand one another on a level that is unmatched by anyone outside our relationship; in this way, we Belong.

Makes sense.
I don't really put too much thought into it, I have other things to worry about, living with someone sometimes is definitely hard, being married even harder at times, specially if your partner is an INTP, there are shortcomings. I wouldn't change it for the world, but to be honest, I have stopped sweating the little details.
I am a 40 year old woman who has just found out I am INTP, I have always found a disconnection between society and me but more strongly with other woman. I have always questioned my gender even saying A sexual, this happens because I think differently from other woman but that doesn't mean your gay. Look into yourself and see your own truth.
I think that I have finally come to terms with being asexual. I thought that I was heterosexual, but after entering into a relationship I found that I was more happy to be alone, and that I don't want an intimate relationship. It was never something that truly interested me, but my understanding of society, and what it expected of me, forced me to try to be a way that I just am not.

I've always had a disconnect with other females. I never understood them. I found their interest in gossip trivial, and ridiculous. It's not something that I can even try to relate to. Other girls were always so interested it their "relationship" to the point where they were pathetic in my eyes. This was because outside of that relationship, that they so defined themselves by, they had nothing. There was no depth of character. There was no solid thought to be expressed. They were shallow, completely dependent, and everything that I never wanted to be.

Maybe I am being overly harsh to the others of my sex. Maybe they don't deserve the words that I have given. Probably not. It's just how I felt when I was growing up, and now I realize that it's okay to just not be them, or anything like them. Instead, I can be independent, smart, and alone. I can live by myself, and be perfectly happy, and as long as I am happy there is nothing wrong with that, because ultimately I am the only one responsible for my happiness. So if that is what it takes, and if that is what I want, then I can look back upon my life and be satisfied. And that is what really matters. I can be myself, and be comfortable knowing that my life is my own.