Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental Integrity and the Refuge
Exclamation 
Before yelling and ban me out of the door, listen to what I have to say.

The forum has a heavy air about it. Probably it is English, or it could be all the analysis running up here, or both. In the past I used to ponder here over long periods of time, but I have silently retreating in an attempt to stop all that toxins get into me. I hate that heavy feel, what I used to feel when relentlessly analyzing myself in the past. Past has been past, please don't dig it up.

I think, what dafuq, just let loose. From my perspective, the analysis just don't work. They never will. I related to all those threads about the lack of identity and emotional attachment, and I am pulled to analyze every time I come across one, but by experience I know nothing would work. There is no algorithm to solve it, seriously, but it doesn't matter.

Stop all those INTP B.S, find good books, family, friends, do housework, study, increase focus, make physical things with physical value. Love, play, kiss, work, I find peace in them. In working for meself and people I care and with my family I find myself.

Not some anchors picked up on the sideway of the Internet. Not B.S floats away. Not Fe, Fi, Te, Ti, Enneagram, any of those B.S.

I don't know if anyone can relate to this. Some emotion was expressed.
Thank you for your honesty. I would be lying if I said that the forum is perfect. It isn't. However, I will say that this forum has given some people peace of mind and acceptance about themselves. It has given people an opportunity to express themselves in a safe way, even if they are insecure thoughts or self-analysis. For some, people like me, it has helped me become a better writer from feedback, expanded my musical tastes, and taken me to different places of the world from the photos people have posted. It is an online community in which we support each other through our not so greatest of days but also through our best days. I am glad you found happiness outside of this site. That is fantastic! As for the relating comment, you should know better than anybody that we aren't emotionless creatures and are capable of understanding emotion. It is just harder for us. If you do think that the site is b.s. that is fine. Simply don't post. Let people enjoy a small community of like minded individual, even if it is just expressing thoughts, stories, poetry, music, travel, and what a good day or bad day we have had.
Personally, I am offended. We all have a general understanding that nothing is perfect, so neither is this forum. If you haven't found it helpful and useful, that's fine, but telling me to stop this "INTP B.S" is just ridiculous.

I have a family that supports me, I read constantly, I also study a lot and do a lot of homework. Oh, yeah and I get straight A's in school. I have friends that love me, I have two dogs and a gecko, and I do a lot other than coming on the internet. I also play two instruments, and practice everyday. I have things that keep me busy outside of this forum. Don't tell me that's what I should be doing, when I already do it all the time.

What's wrong with anchors picked up on the internet? One of my best friends lives in England, and I live in Canada. We met over Tumblr. My other best friend? Well, she lives about a twenty minute drive from my house. A lot of others have also met some really nice and helpful people on the internet, even soulmates. There is nothing at all wrong with having people in a different country, or thousands of miles away, that support you as much as the people close to you do.

We come here to understand each other, and ourselves. We come here to support each other, and listen. We strive to understand everything, so we feel the need to understand emotion as well. Why not? If it helps, which it does for me, then why not do it? I don't over analyze it, I talk about it. There is a line between analyzing, and doing too much of it. We work on not stepping across that line, but using our ability as a tool to understand ourselves, others, and the world around us.

It gives us a community that we deserve, as we are like minded individuals that share common experiences, and have common downfalls. We come here to pick each other up, and just to say "Happy Birthday!" when someones birthday comes around.

We need this place to express ourselves, and I don't want you turning away any others that may have came here for some respect and insight.
So you join a forum based upon the INTP personality type and expect anything different? If you do not believe in it then what is your point in being a member? From a simple logical standpoint that is like joining a tomato farming forum and telling people that tomato farming is BS. No one is forcing you to be a member or post here. The idea is for like minded people to have a place of refuge.
(05-02-2014, 11:42 AM)HighAsAKite Wrote: Personally, I am offended. We all have a general understanding that nothing is perfect, so neither is this forum. If you haven't found it helpful and useful, that's fine, but telling me to stop this "INTP B.S" is just ridiculous.

I have a family that supports me, I read constantly, I also study a lot and do a lot of homework. Oh, yeah and I get straight A's in school. I have friends that love me, I have two dogs and a gecko, and I do a lot other than coming on the internet. I also play two instruments, and practice everyday. I have things that keep me busy outside of this forum. Don't tell me that's what I should be doing, when I already do it all the time.

What's wrong with anchors picked up on the internet? One of my best friends lives in England, and I live in Canada. We met over Tumblr. My other best friend? Well, she lives about a twenty minute drive from my house. A lot of others have also met some really nice and helpful people on the internet, even soulmates. There is nothing at all wrong with having people in a different country, or thousands of miles away, that support you as much as the people close to you do.

We come here to understand each other, and ourselves. We come here to support each other, and listen. We strive to understand everything, so we feel the need to understand emotion as well. Why not? If it helps, which it does for me, then why not do it? I don't over analyze it, I talk about it. There is a line between analyzing, and doing too much of it. We work on not stepping across that line, but using our ability as a tool to understand ourselves, others, and the world around us.

It gives us a community that we deserve, as we are like minded individuals that share common experiences, and have common downfalls. We come here to pick each other up, and just to say "Happy Birthday!" when someones birthday comes around.

We need this place to express ourselves, and I don't want you turning away any others that may have came here for some respect and insight.

Basically what you said. tmn loveblue, I'm sorry you didn't find what you wanted here. However, for me, I find this a very helpful place to formulate my thoughts and understand myself. Yes, I've discovered some great music and other things as well, but it's also nice to be able to talk about yourself. That is what I usually do with my best friends, but I don't get to see them every single day, even though I talk to them often.
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." --Douglas Adams
(05-02-2014, 07:13 PM)loolitay Wrote: Basically what you said.

Thank you!
(05-02-2014, 10:55 AM)tmn loveblue Wrote: Before yelling and ban me out of the door, listen to what I have to say.

The forum has a heavy air about it. Probably it is English, or it could be all the analysis running up here, or both. In the past I used to ponder here over long periods of time, but I have silently retreating in an attempt to stop all that toxins get into me. I hate that heavy feel, what I used to feel when relentlessly analyzing myself in the past. Past has been past, please don't dig it up.

I think, what dafuq, just let loose. From my perspective, the analysis just don't work. They never will. I related to all those threads about the lack of identity and emotional attachment, and I am pulled to analyze every time I come across one, but by experience I know nothing would work. There is no algorithm to solve it, seriously, but it doesn't matter.

Stop all those INTP B.S, find good books, family, friends, do housework, study, increase focus, make physical things with physical value. Love, play, kiss, work, I find peace in them. In working for meself and people I care and with my family I find myself.

Not some anchors picked up on the sideway of the Internet. Not B.S floats away. Not Fe, Fi, Te, Ti, Enneagram, any of those B.S.

I don't know if anyone can relate to this. Some emotion was expressed.

I know what you mean about the heavy feeling of all the analysis, but like everyone else says, if you don't like it that's fine, but leave it at that. It's definitely possible to go overboard and live too much in your head, analyzing life instead of actually living it, but that balance is for each individual person to figure out, and you can't assume this is a problem we have just because we happen to spend time discussing things on the internet.
I definitely live my life outside of the internet, but it's nice to have a place to reflect on my life with like-minded people.
You have the right to protection against any damage created by inappropriate medicinal and care treatment. This means, for example, that your medicine should be help with dissertation controlled in a capable and fitting way.