Poll: Your Gyms?
Team Instinct!
Team Mystic!
Team Valor!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you guys playing PokemonGO?
If so, what's your best catch and where did you find it?

We went to Costco over the weekend and found Hitmonlee & Hitmonchan, and Justine caught a Kabuto as well.
"Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat." -Luna Lovegood
i played for a while, but my phone broke Sad
i'm back to simpler times for now
I am not playing PokemonGO. My sister is fanatical about it, though, which to be honest is probably the main reason I haven't looked into it. I also don't particularly want to wander the streets, looking for Pokemon. I would feel to awkward. I can't decide for anyone else, but to me Pokemon is a deeply personal thing, best done in the dead of night alone in a room with a GameBoy advance. (slight grin and raised eyebrows for which there are no emoticons.) Call me a Pokemon purist.
-Yordle Sandwich
(08-16-2016, 03:08 PM)Yordle Sandwich Wrote: ... but to me Pokemon is a deeply personal thing, best done in the dead of night alone in a room with a GameBoy advance.

See, I was approx. 8 yrs old when Pokemon was first really BIG, so to me it's not just the games it's also the trading card games and the tv show (and memorizing the song, and "who's that Pokemon??", and the movies, and the toys (both purchased and collected from fast food meals), and the themed birthday parties, and sharing all this with basically all of my childhood friends (through middle school). So to me, it's like a renaissance. At the time it was everywhere but also slightly nerdy, and now too it is slightly nerdy but EVERYWHERE. My little sister compares it to "Imagine something you're obsessed with (let's say Star Wars) and you've been quietly obsessed with it your whole life, and that has always been there for you, but now suddenly everyone else is obsessed with it too and you can talk about it with anyone."

I not only played the gameboy games.... I can tell you what pkmn you're battling based on it's gameboy "cry"....

EDIT-------
I just realized you said "GB Advance"......
We used to play in B&W on GBpocket, and in monochrome on GB "color".....
We had no infrared, and when we lost our trading cable we just had to stop trading. XD
"Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat." -Luna Lovegood
I liked Pokemon Yellow, just because of Pikachu, and I usually chose Bulbasaur as my starter Pokemon. That being said, I'm not playing Pokemon GO. I keep hearing how people are getting mugged and stuff, plus I'm just not sure, so I never joined.

I was in the same range as Moon Moon. I watched the original cartoon, and I have more of the games then I care to admit.

Ah, those were the days. Throwing out Magicarp in the beginning of every battle. just so that it could get experience points. Wearing out it's splash attack so that it would thrash, and actually get some fighting experience. Trying to get that bloody Abra to fall asleep, just so that I could catch it. At a level 7. When everything else was level 20...

I always chose the Helix fossil, and the psychic gym was the worst because I didn't have any level 50 bug type. Argh!

Was Pokemon GO any good?
(01-26-2017, 01:50 PM)LadyGamer Wrote: I liked Pokemon Yellow, just because of Pikachu, and I usually chose Bulbasaur as my starter Pokemon. That being said, I'm not playing Pokemon GO. I keep hearing how people are getting mugged and stuff, plus I'm just not sure, so I never joined.

I was in the same range as Moon Moon. I watched the original cartoon, and I have more of the games then I care to admit.

Ah, those were the days. Throwing out Magicarp in the beginning of every battle. just so that it could get experience points. Wearing out it's splash attack so that it would thrash, and actually get some fighting experience. Trying to get that bloody Abra to fall asleep, just so that I could catch it. At a level 7. When everything else was level 20...

I always chose the Helix fossil, and the psychic gym was the worst because I didn't have any level 50 bug type. Argh!

Was Pokemon GO any good?
Haha, YES to all of that.

It was pretty fun for a while but it's a battery suck. I hear there are hella upgrades, but now it's like.... Starbucks is in on it..... which is like.... :|
I love this game. When this game start to be popular, I must write a review about Pokemon Go. So if you want to read my article, visit essay-company.com. Also in my article describe some features for gamers
Looking at the best college paper writing service at essay-company.com is exactly what you need because our reviews will help you to find a cheap and reliable writing service that will not let you down!
No, but my collegue from ukessay does. She says there are a lot of new interesting features there now. I feel too old for this game anyway.
(01-26-2017, 01:50 PM)LadyGamer Wrote: I liked Pokemon Yellow, just because of Pikachu, and I usually chose Bulbasaur as my starter Pokemon. That being said, I'm not playing Pokemon GO. I keep hearing how people are getting mugged and stuff, plus I'm just not sure, so I never joined.

Was Pokemon GO any good?

Once it was a craze and I played it then for some time. But liked Pokemon Yellow more, so switched back to it. So, my answer is, no, I don't play Pokemon Go.