Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New teenage member
(03-10-2017, 04:09 AM)vrbility Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 08:01 PM)Yordle Sandwich Wrote: Well.
You've (Moon Moon) put a lot more thought into the manner than I have ever witnessed my mother do, you've convinced me of your competence with words alone, which is impressive. You also made it sound really, really fun, and you've got me half convinced that its a sane thing to do, much more than my mother ever did, and for her it probably isn't a sane thing to do, so I'll be more careful about judging a group of people by one person. If that made sense. I still have no desire to ride one, but I can now see why someone else would. Congratulations.
A question for our two new German members: In America pretty much all the cities are designed with the automobile in mind, if your car doesn't fit somewhere you're probably on private property. Cities in Europe are a lot older, and were designed with pedestrians in mind, with narrow roads, I've even seen pictures where there's a staircase in the street.
Are motorcycles more practical in Europe because they fit places cars don't?
-Yordle Sandwich

Staircases in the street? Uhm okay. I'm irritated right now, I need to google it. Actually, our streets are in fact slim. I wouldn't say that cars don't fit in any street. We just have the problem sometimes, where you need to give place to another car when the street is really slim. But it's rarely the case. In my environment I don't see many people riding a motorcycle. Nobody's bothered by our streets Big Grin
In my travels I've also noticed that vehicles tend to be less bloated outside of the US....

And thanks Yordle... It's truly an almost sane hobby to have. Tongue
"Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat." -Luna Lovegood