Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking someone out.
Star 
How do you ask someone out you don't know when you are horrible at small talk in any form ? Just for clarification let's say I don't know this girl yet and I want to meet her and ask her out. If you have any experience or know how I should frame it in my mind id appreciate it greatly.

P.s just to give you more background, I'm 21 and have never been on a date I asked one girl out before but she bailed the day before the date so my experience level is very low.
"Everything that has been will be ,everything that will be has been"
I've got nothing for you. Sorry.

Welcome to the forum, though.
I came up with a very clever signature, as a matter of fact it's cleveritude was so clever that merely listening it would cause you to ascend to godhood. But then I forgot it, so instead you can listen to my gibbering inanities. I'm sorry.
Same.

My wife didn't realize our first date was supposed to be a date.
"Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat." -Luna Lovegood
Have you asked her yet? If not, maybe the first step would be to introduce yourself and either establish a dialog or see what activities you both enjoy and could do together (maybe just as friends to start off with). Or it might help to focus on setting up the logistics for meeting somewhere neutral and talking there, like at a coffee shop. If there are pretty significant social risks to asking her out (if she's a coworker for example), maybe having several conversations to assess compatibility and appropriateness before asking her out would be prudent.
I'm either really bad at it, or people simply aren't fond of me. Either way, my advice is entirely worthless here in my opinion. All I've ever done is expressed interest via a casual, unspecified interaction such as (vaguely), "you seem cool. Want to hang out some time?". Usually they have a polite decline or are "already attached" to another entity.

Now that I think about it, I've never actually successfully "asked someone out" in the direct sense. That makes me kinda sad... :p
Not knowing the place, I set out for the land of my dreams.
Having arrived at the land of my dreams, I found I did not know the place.
(03-20-2017, 05:46 PM)Yordle Sandwich Wrote: I've got nothing for you. Sorry.

Welcome to the forum, though.

Thanks
(04-01-2017, 11:53 PM)madnessnunky Wrote: I'm either really bad at it, or people simply aren't fond of me. Either way, my advice is entirely worthless here in my opinion. All I've ever done is expressed interest via a casual, unspecified interaction such as (vaguely), "you seem cool. Want to hang out some time?". Usually they have a polite decline or are "already attached" to another entity.

Now that I think about it, I've never actually successfully "asked someone out" in the direct sense. That makes me kinda sad... :p

I asked one girl out and she told me she changed her mind the day before we were supposed to go out.
Rather sad. I would recommend the potential of online dating, but I've been wildly unsuccessful there as well... Granted, I am incredibly specific in my tastes. (The hardest part is knowing how to not be.). If you don't have a high level of specification, that could be a viable route.

As far as that goes, I can only really vouch for OkCupid due to the questionnaire it provides. Any publicly answered questions can be compared and matched to maximize intellectual/spiritual/ethical compatibility. It's free, too.
Not knowing the place, I set out for the land of my dreams.
Having arrived at the land of my dreams, I found I did not know the place.
(04-02-2017, 10:33 PM)madnessnunky Wrote: Rather sad. I would recommend the potential of online dating, but I've been wildly unsuccessful there as well... Granted, I am incredibly specific in my tastes. (The hardest part is knowing how to not be.). If you don't have a high level of specification, that could be a viable route.

As far as that goes, I can only really vouch for OkCupid due to the questionnaire it provides. Any publicly answered questions can be compared and matched to maximize intellectual/spiritual/ethical compatibility. It's free, too.

Thanks I may end up trying that at some point. Sorry for the late reply.