Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is he into me or just a superfan?
Tongue 
This is completely for fun.

I was recently at a convention and reconnected with an INTJ guy I met once before & have been lowkey friends with on social media. (I'm a chick & we're both straight, single, and over 30, for the record.) This time, he sought me out several times during the event, and we had several long, in-depth discussions that totaled several hours. (ETA: There was also some physical contact like brief hand-holding, hugs, and pats on the shoulder, but he's very affectionate to his friends in general, so I didn't take too much from it.)

In particular, he spent a lengthy amount of time in a few different conversations telling me what a huge fan he is of my books (I'm a published novelist) and that I write the kind of romantic relationships that he thinks are ideal and is looking for. (I write mystery novels with a small amount of extremely cerebral romance.) He also told me he's currently reading my trilogy for the third time. (Which, good lord, I don't even want to re-read them that much, but that's another topic...)

Anyway, I got home and didn't hear anything for a few days, other than a lot of "likes" on my social media, but on Easter, I got a series of messages thanking me for my company at the aforementioned convention, saying he hopes we can do it again soon, and then some random chatter about his Easter plans.

Usually, when it comes to flirting, I'm dumb as a post, but for once I tracked that he seemed above-averagely interested, at least for the duration of our shared event. So is he a friend? Just a fan? Interested? As an INTP, I don't even feel qualified to classify "signals," but I'd say his were/are definitely "mixed," whatever that means. Then again, INTJs are their own animal...

I'm not really riding on this either way, and I think an attempt at a romantic relationship with an INTJ would probably result in mutual murder-suicide, but I am amused enough that I thought I would throw this out to the shared consciousness. If I had to guess from my observation, I think he's the type who throws out signals but ends up talking himself out of it when it comes to actually making a move. Or maybe he's just unusually friendly for an INTJ man & I'm misreading the poor guy's efforts at the Platonic Ideal...
“I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else.”
― G.K. Chesterton
Not a clue. :\

How 'bout them books? (Merely hearing mention that a book might exist is enough to draw me towards it like a star being drawn into a black hole, and the range of my vision is the event horizon.)

But probably you didn't publish under a pseudonym and don't want to bandy about your identity. Sad That's probably for the best.

Congrats on your authorial skills!
I came up with a very clever signature, as a matter of fact it's cleveritude was so clever that merely listening it would cause you to ascend to godhood. But then I forgot it, so instead you can listen to my gibbering inanities. I'm sorry.
(04-19-2017, 06:06 PM)Yordle Sandwich Wrote: Not a clue. :\

How 'bout them books? (Merely hearing mention that a book might exist is enough to draw me towards it like a star being drawn into a black hole, and the range of my vision is the event horizon.)

But probably you didn't publish under a pseudonym and don't want to bandy about your identity. Sad That's probably for the best.

Congrats on your authorial skills!

Thanks Smile

I don't mind. My name is all over the interwebs because I podcast and freelance for an international group, so I don't care Wink

I am working on more in the same series, but the current three are:

The Detective and The Woman: A Novel of Sherlock Holmes
The Detective, The Woman, and the Winking Tree
The Detective, The Woman, and the Silent Hive

They're mystery novels that feature Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler.

I'm published by MX Publishing, and the books are available through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, etc.
“I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else.”
― G.K. Chesterton
What makes you believe that he's an INTJ? Is he into MBTI as well?
(04-25-2017, 02:10 AM)obstreperous Wrote: What makes you believe that he's an INTJ? Is he into MBTI as well?

Yes, he told me he's taken official and unofficial tests and is an INTJ and agrees with that result. MBTI was something we talked about over the weekend.
― G.K. Chesterton
It does sound like he's into you, but it's hard to say. Big Grin Your books look like fun! This is a little off-topic, but... what do you think Sherlock and Adler's types were?