Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neuralink and the Brain's Magical Future
Neuralink and the Brain's Magical Future

I, for one, cannot wait for my fourth brain of awesomesauce. What do the lot of you think?
I came up with a very clever signature, as a matter of fact it's cleveritude was so clever that merely listening it would cause you to ascend to godhood. But then I forgot it, so instead you can listen to my gibbering inanities. I'm sorry.
What I want to know is: why does Elon Musk keep phoning Tim Urban??
Elon's a pretty smart guy, and I don't think he does anything without knowing exactly what he's doing... Has he selected the WaitButWhy blog as a good way to popularize his ideas & projects to the people who will think them the coolest in a way that simultaneously makes them love it and teaches them why it's important??

"It's fine we're on WaitButWhy so nothing matters." -Frog Brain (brain frog?)

I'm about 70% through this, but here's what seems like the best summary so far:

Elon Musk Wrote:There are a bunch of concepts in your head that then your brain has to try to compress into this incredibly low data rate called speech or typing. That’s what language is, your brain has executed a compression algorithm on thought, on concept transfer. And then it’s got to listen as well, and decompress what’s coming at it. And this is very lossy as well. So, then when you’re doing the decompression on those, trying to understand, you’re simultaneously trying to model the other person’s mind state to understand where they’re coming from, to recombine in your head what concepts they have in their head that they’re trying to communicate to you. … If you have two brain interfaces, you could actually do an uncompressed direct conceptual communication with another person.

85% -- I love WaitButWhy in general, but this one is actually particularly awesome... Not all of them leave you feeling fuzzy, but this one actually is making me proud to be a human in this space & time...
"Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat." -Luna Lovegood