Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange or Not?
I have not visited similar forums so I do not know, but is it odd that no one has asked us for relationship advice?
Should we take this personally?
Or can we attribute it to the excellence of Jason's essays which eliminate the need for further help?
"It is a dog eat dog world and I am wearing milk bone underwear."
(11-01-2013, 06:59 AM)Tomd Wrote: I have not visited similar forums so I do not know, but is it odd that no one has asked us for relationship advice?
Should we take this personally?
Or can we attribute it to the excellence of Jason's essays which eliminate the need for further help?

Maybe it's the location. Here rather than the main site. I get probably one email a week privately asking for advice on relationships. I'm happy to answer them.

But yes, in a way, I do think this represents that other types are less interested in understanding us that we would probably be in understanding them. I suppose that's our nature. To understand.
Author of The INTP Experience.
No complaints here. I don't trust myself to give good relationship advice.
I actually don't think so--we've had some people post in other forums. Plus, where else would they get good information from INTPs? However, I think that if I were not an INTP and I wanted advice on one, I would just private message Jason because writing on a forum full of a personality that I am not, where I can't predict their responses might be kind of scary. They don't know us so they don't know that we're nice Smile So it's understandable. But I don't think it's because INTPs suck at relationships, because I don't think that's necessarily true.
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." --Douglas Adams
That is reassuring.
Just got a bit depressing to look at the "zero" posts in this section.
I feel better now. Big Grin
"It is a dog eat dog world and I am wearing milk bone underwear."
Personally, I think I give amazing relationship advise ... just not to myself! Big Grin
"We except the love we think we deserve."
(11-03-2013, 03:09 PM)Zyn Wrote: Personally, I think I give amazing relationship advise ... just not to myself! Big Grin

Me too Smile
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." --Douglas Adams
I think I'm pretty good at relationships and I make a seriously awesome girlfriend. It's just hard to put myself in the other person's position, especially if they're in a situation that wouldn't bother me at all. Also, people tend to talk about the negatives of their relationship, so it's hard to know whether they're always unhappy or if that's just how it sounds. So I tend to think they should just break up if it's not working, but that's usually not the best thing to say.
There are some questions in the other forums, but not in this one.

I think it's fabulous that the only thread in the "non-INTP" forum is from an INTP. Tongue
"Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat." -Luna Lovegood
I think we've had about 3 or 4 posts from non INTPs in the other forums... just not this one.
What happens if you drop soap on the floor? Does it get dirty? Can't wash it off.... it's already... soap.