Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
theory of personality based on archetypes
(06-30-2016, 04:21 PM)Nemo Wrote: I scored as a Designer.

It's an interesting concept, but I don't think I've quite wrapped my head around it yet. I'd like to spend some more time reviewing your write-up in detail.

Do you have additional source material aside from Karl Jung's work? How have you defined archetypes' personalities, and how did you choose the ones you did?

Finally, do you need a better survey tool that can report results to the user without hand-tabulating, or is this in its beginning stages where such a feature isn't necessary?

No I don't have additional source material. It all comes from Carl Jung's archetype theory.

I just chose the archetypes based on whether or not they matched with character traits of personality disorders. I originally had only six instead of the nine I have now. The child psychiatrist who worked on some of the assessment with me and is helping me in other ways thought I needed more but he didn't specifically tell me which ones I needed to add. He trusted that I would figure it out myself so I added three more. The three I added were the Magician, The Lover, and The Rebel.

The child psychiatrist also was the one who turned me onto the survery site but I don't think he realized at the time that the person taking the test can't get presented any results without using a pen and paper. I already have a pen and paper test on the tripod site but at least with the survey site I have access to all of the results. I don't really have any plans at this point to get an interactive survey that doesn't require a pen and paper. It's not something that he and I have discussed.
60 new questions are coming soon
(07-01-2016, 12:39 AM)Kimani Wrote: It all comes from Carl Jung's archetype theory.

I just chose the archetypes based on whether or not they matched with character traits of personality disorders. I originally had only six instead of the nine I have now. The child psychiatrist who worked on some of the assessment with me and is helping me in other ways thought I needed more but he didn't specifically tell me which ones I needed to add. He trusted that I would figure it out myself so I added three more. The three I added were the Magician, The Lover, and The Rebel.

The child psychiatrist also was the one who turned me onto the survery site but I don't think he realized at the time that the person taking the test can't get presented any results without using a pen and paper. I already have a pen and paper test on the tripod site but at least with the survey site I have access to all of the results. I don't really have any plans at this point to get an interactive survey that doesn't require a pen and paper. It's not something that he and I have discussed.

So..... is this an academic study on whether 100 year old theories can have modern and current applications? The way you write about this psychiatrist makes it seem like he is an instructor of yours... Are you studying/writing a thesis in childhood psychopathology? Your summary includes this line:
Quote:My theory believes that certain specific archetypes can be applied to several personality types, prominent emotional conditions and even a few psychiatric disorders.
which indicates that you may be trying to disprove Jung's theory of archetypes, at least in part, but the paragraphs that follow link these archetypes to DSM-V diagnoses (albeit loosely and with extreme generosity) which makes me think maybe you are trying to imply that what we now see as disorder would once have been seen as simply a personality type, or perhaps vice-versa?
"Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat." -Luna Lovegood
He's not an instructor of mine. He's more of a partner in this project. He has helped me develop it and is showing it to psychologists and universities. It was his idea to come up with more questions because someone he showed it to said it needs to be more specific. He said he thinks it's innovative and definitely has legs.

It was his idea to write that part that talks about how archetypes can be applied to several personality types so I think he was pushing the idea that what we now see as disorders would once be seen as personality types.
The 60 new questions are up
http://kimanishorter.tripod.com/assessment.html
In order to have any of these archetype pairs your highest score has to be a 105
The proposal is almost finished. Will be submitting it to DC Public Schools research division this month. We are trying to get it approved to be field tested at universities.
Would you like help with quizlet tally formatting via Excel, or do you have the non-internet version covered?

When I do it the way that is described at the top of the assessment I get
D: 106
P: 103
C: 106

What does this MEEEEEEEEEEEAN?????
(And why does your site try to open pop-up full-page media player whenever I click anywhere on it?)
"Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat." -Luna Lovegood
There is some overlap between narcissism and Asperger's syndrome so that could explain why your Charmer score is so high. But beyond that I have no clue why it turned out that way. It is good that the Designer score was above a 105.

I haven't even gotten started on a tallying system / program. Everything you see is what I have. It's all self score. Are there some excel programs that you would recommend for that?
(05-03-2017, 07:32 PM)Kimani Wrote: There is some overlap between narcissism and Asperger's syndrome so that could explain why your Charmer score is so high.
Lol, so I'm a narcissistic Aspie, NBD?

I made a self-calculating spreadsheet to score mine (because I'm bad at keeping track of things). The three tabs are the different questions/types, and you hafta mark each answer with its proper numerical value.

Attached Files
.xlsx   KimaniShorterAssessment.xlsx (Size: 21.02 KB / Downloads: 7)